Redneck Chef Salsa

I have had a couple of request for my salsa recipe so I decided to give it out even though I don't usually. I tend to add the kind of pepper I either have on hand from the garden or I try to buy various types of hot peppers (If you do not know the Redneck Chef likes hot stuff) Also I never measure so you may have to add more liquid ingredients or salt or whatever you like. I like this salsa fresh but I will sometime can it in mason jars. This salsa is very useful in recipes of all kinds not just Mexican or Southwestern foods. Try it with fresh fish or chicken thighs wrapped in foil and grilled for a tasty treat.


2 sweet onions chopped
4 large jalapeno peppers
2 any other kind hot peppers
3 to 4 cloves garlic
4 large fresh ripe red tomatoes peeled and chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
2 limes juiced
1 small can roasted green chilies, drained and chopped
1 to 2 small cans tomato juice or even V8 if you like the flavor
10 to 20 dashes of Hot sauce, I like Texas Pete brand
Salt to taste


Rough chop the tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers and combine in a bowl. Add the green chilies, lime juice, cilantro leaves rough chopped, salt, and tomato juice stir to combine. Chill well before serving, at least two hours would be good. Serve with tortilla chips or as a side to all your favorite Mexican dishes and in your favorite recipes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbs and Spices